Compelling reasons to invest in India
1. India is one of the fastest growing countries in the world and, is forecast to remain so.
2. Newfound political stability following the election of the first majority government in 30 years
3. Prime Minister Modi was elected on a platform of significant economic reform and India is in the midst of some of the most significant changes it has undertaken in many decades.
4. The reform agenda includes areas such as infrastructure, taxation, deregulation of certain industries, increasing transparency and improving governance and labour markets.
5. The strong desire by the Government to invest in, and encourage private investment in areas that will help bring hundreds of millions out of poverty.
6. India also has a great natural advantage for future growth in its demographics.
7. Many parallels are drawn with China, however India differs from its larger neighbour (and most emerging markets) in many important ways. For example:
- India’s growth is an internal consumption-driven story, rather than an export dependent one.
- From its Colonial past, India has a well-established common law legal framework and there are many large institutions similar to those in other Commonwealth nations.
pictured above: Sheesh Mahal, Amer Fort, Jaipur, India